Steal This Singularity 1: The notion that the current and future extreme technological society should not be dominated by Big Capital, Authoritarian States or the combination thereof. Also related, a play on the title of a book by 1960s counterculture radical Abbie Hoffman. 2: The notion that in our robotized future, human beings shouldn’t behave robotically. The well-rounded posthuman — if any — should be able to wail like a banshee, dance like James Brown, party like Dionysus, revolt like Joan of Arc and illuminate the irrational like Salvador Dali. 3: The title for a website in which R.U. Sirius says and does as he pleases.
Addendum: Steal This Singularity has almost nothing to do with the notion that we will develop Artificial Intelligences that are smarter than us or that if such a thing were to happen it would be a “singularity.” I just like the name.
Steal This Singularity in Seven Parts & A Song
- Part One: Steal This Singularity Defined
- Part Two: Steal This Singularity? Yippie!
- Part Three: The More Things Change, The More You’ll Need to Save
- Part Four: The Worm Earns (or it can fuck off and die)
- Part Five: There’ll Be Pie in the Sky When You Don’t Die.. Or We Don’t Need no Steenkin’ Steal This Singularity
- Part Six: So What (or How Can I Help this Estimable if Weird Project?)
- Part Seven: A Special Naughty Hipster’s Steal This Singularity
- White Babbits: This Months Steal This Singularity Theme Song. Sing along with Grace Slick